Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Thoughts on Virtual Ink #1 : Mellowing as you age

A couple of days ago I was tearing apart my room looking a cable then I found this... 




It's a cheap set of sticky note memo pads, come to think of it, it isn't all that cheap because I hardly used it due to its poor adhesive. Tsk tsk... but look what I found scribbled inside...




I must have written this around 2 years ago. Alarming I must say, as I got older I've learned to tolerate a lot of stuff I couldn't when I was young, I learned to keep my tongue from delivering verbal lashings, cussing too much, being too frank and airing out my sentiments in the most intimidating way I can. I've also grown to embrace change and diversity. It was hard. REALLY HARD. I still can't believe how level-headed I am now compared to the old me. Taking studies a bit more seriously, becoming more sociable, engaging in social events just to get a along with the crowd... yadda yadda yadda 


Not that there's something wrong with it, I do admit that I like myself better now. 


But I still miss that DianeShishio who wouldn't take shit from anyone, it had to be her way or no way, the girl who wouldn't swallow the bullet. Yes... that girl who wouldn't sell herself short no matter the consequences, she knew, oh yes, she knew she deserved nothing but the best. 


And so do you. Don't settle for less, you deserve the best. 


Salutes you for being so damn fine,
DianeShishio


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Please stay tuned for a review tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment