Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tony Moly: TomatoX Magic White Massage Pack Review

It has arrived! This is Tony Moly's debut on my blog. Though Tony Moly has been in the Philippines for quite some time now, it never really caught my eye but given the chance I would like to try their egg-based products. Now on to the review:
 




The product says: 

"Containing Tomato extracted water and Tomato ingredients, this multi-functional massage & pack bring dual magic brightening & vitalizing & detoxifying effect into the skin."


  

Tomatox comes in a tomato shaped container placed in a plastic box with an illustration of its usage and instructions - with the list of ingredients - written in Korean, Chinese, Japanese and English! Huge plus for me knowing that they do care about their foreign consumers.




The product is massaged onto the (cleansed) face for 1-2 minutes and left on as a mask, and then rinsed after 5-10 minutes.




It is of a white, thick and creamy consistency and smells very sweet. It also has a mini spatula for hygienic purposes.



My take on this product . . . 
I love how well made the packaging is and the attention to detail. The scent is not offensive in any way and the mini spatula was a sweet TLC touch. There is also an immediate skin brightening/lightening effect, my face looked 1-2 shades lighter after I washed off the mask. Unfortunately, this effect is temporary.

I also experienced some slight stinging within the first 2 minutes of application. Very minimal and tolerable. I really don't mind heat and stinging because I do love self-heating masks

I was using this product for a week until I noticed tiny red pustules appearing all over my face! Pretty much like tiny pimples but they never grew, and disapeared within a few days. I tried it again on another instance and the same thing happened again. :(

Would I recommend it?
No, but once again, what doesn't work for me, might work for you.  I might have loved this product if it didn't break me out.
Would I re-purchase?
No

Price: 
This item is sold at Tony Moly stores and is available locally. It is sold online at around 720PHP ($18USD)
   
Overall Rating:
2.5/5


Savor super saturday sweeties,
DianeShishio

No comments:

Post a Comment